Disciplinary accountability of judges - Niš, February 21 and 22
- Author: Judicial Academy
- Location: Niš
On 21 and 22 February 2020, in in the premises of the Judicial Academy in Niš, the Judicial Academy and the High Judicial Council, with the support of the IPA 2016 ,,EU for Serbia – Support to the High Judicial Council“ Project, provided the training course on the topic of ,,Disciplinary accountability of judges“.
Disciplinary accountability of judges - Source: Judicial Academy
The topics that were covered were:
• Harmonization of the local legal framework with the international standards
• The rights of the judge against whom the disciplinary proceedings are conducted
• Disciplinary accountability (the goal and the legal nature)
• The position of the judge/president of a court in disciplinary proceedings
• Disciplinary misdemeanours (there will be misdemeanours), disciplinary sanctions and relieve of duty.
The training courses were attended by the judges from the territory of the Niš appellate jurisdiction.
The lecturers within the training course were:
o Marija Aranđelović Jureša
o Mirjana Ilić
o Matija Radojičić