Amendments of the Law on Enforcement and Security (LES) – the first out of ten planned training courses for judges and public enforcement officers
- Author: Judicial Academy
- Location: Belgrade
Today, in the Institute of Criminological and Sociological Research, organized by the Judicial Academy, with the support of the USAID Rule of Law Project and the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Serbia, the first out of the envisaged ten training courses was provided, intended for judges and public enforcement officers, related to the amended legal framework in the area of enforcement and security, which is going to be applied as of 1 January 2020.
Amendments of the Law on Enforcement and Security (LES) – the first out of ten planned training courses for judges and public enforcement officers - Source: Judicial Academy
The Assistant Minster of Justice, Ms. Jelena Deretić pointed out that such gatherings, organized prior to the commencement of application of a law, are a rare form of a timely institutional organization for the purpose of systematizing of the future practice and readiness of all for unhindered application of the Law Amending and Supplementing the Law on Enforcement and Security.
She particularly emphasized the immeasurable contribution of the USAID’s Project, which engaged a consultant during the drafting of the Law, defined provisions with the working group, as well as drafted certain bylaws. The USAID is also working on the development of the technical solutions, which will be applied in our legal system for the first time, like the electronic bulletin board and, therefore, that the support of the Project was outstanding.
„I would like to express gratitude to the Judicial Academy and the USAID Project, which positively responded to the initiative of the Ministry of Justice for the holding of gatherings of this kind at which speakers are the colleagues who have directly participated in the drafting of new solutions. “I hope that, today, at the first of a series of such presentations, you will get the answers to all the dilemmas if you have any. In this connection I wish you all successful work and simple application of the new provisions as of the beginning of 2020.”, Ms. Deretić said to the participants at the first presentation, held in the Institute of Criminological and Sociological Research.
The topics that were covered today, and which will be talked about at the remaining nine training courses include:
- Amendments in the General part of the Law on Enforcement and Security - Nikola Stošić, Judge of the First Basic Court in Belgrade
- Legal remedies and legal expedients and real estate as the subject matter of enforcement - Nikola Bodiroga, the Faculty of Law of the University in Belgrade
- New concept of sale of real estate and amendments in other enforcement and security instruments - Mladen Pecelj, Public Enforcement Officer
- Summary enforcement proceedings and the proceedings for voluntary settlement of monetary claims prior to the institution of the enforcement proceedings - Vladimir Vesović, the US Chamber of Commerce
- Electronic bulletin board – the representatives of the Ministry of Justice and the "Rule of Law" Project.